Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do you feel alive??

So I was lying in bed last night, not sleeping. As per usual. I was listening to Angels and Airwaves. If you haven't ever heard them... Well, not that it matters. I am putting one of their songs on this lovely {that lovely was for you Leah} blog post. This is not the one I was listening to, but it is my very favorite. It's called "Secret Crowds", and it's off of AVA's (that's the abbreviation, trust me) second--and possibly last--album. I say possibly last, because Tom DeLong was the lead singer, and he was also the lead singer of blink-182, which has recently had a reunion. Ignore all the commas in that sentence. Anyhow, "Secret Crowds":




Yeah, okay, it gets a bit repetitive at the end...but still.
Now that you have heard one of the songs, I can get back to my point.

I was listening to a song by AVA last night. I don't remember which one. And one of the lyrics went, "And now I feel alive." Pretty cliche line, right? I've never really given much thought to it. But I did last night. And I don't get it. Honestly. You ARE alive, aren't you? It's not like you could feel dead. And, okay, that's very childish of me. But here's the truth: I have never not felt alive. Every second of every day, while my heart beats, while I'm breathing, experiencing, loving, learning, living. I am very much alive. Nothing has ever reminded me of it, or made me truly feel it. It just is.
I suppose one day that might change. I might have some earth-shattering experience, or I'll meet someone so phenomenal that suddenly I will be more alive then I was before. But right at this point in time, I can't see that happening. Because, for better or worse, I am very alive, and very aware of it.


How about you? Do you feel alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment